Cangé



Instalación site-specific \ Site-specific instalación
medidas variables \ Variable Measures
St. Avertin, Tours \ france
2014


— —


Cangé was built in the thirteenth century by the Touraine, Andigné family. It is situated in a park of six acres on the east side of the city, overlooking the valley of the Cher. Several prominent dynasties successively occupied the castle During World War II, the castle was requisitioned for five days by President Albert Lebrun, and the Office of the President. Two cabinet meetings took place there on 12 and 13 June 1940. After the war, its owner left it abandoned. A fire devastated the night of June 20 to 21, 1978. The property was finally purchased by the town of Saint-Avertin in 1980.
After two years of renovations, the castle has been renovated into a modern media center, respecting the architecture. Opened December 28, 2012 and is accessible to all.

— —

Cangé fue construido en el siglo XIII por la familia Touraine, Andigné. Está situado en un parque de seis hectáreas en la ladera este de la ciudad, con vistas al valle del Cher. Varias prominentes dinastías ocuparon sucesivamente el castillo
Durante la Segunda Guerra Mundial, el castillo fue requisado durante cinco días por el presidente Albert Lebrun, y por la Oficina del Presidente de la República. Dos consejos de ministros tuvieron lugar allí el 12 y el 13 de junio de 1940. Después de la guerra, su propietario lo dejó abandonado. Un incendio lo devastó la noche del 06 20 al 21 1978. La propiedad fue finalmente comprada por el municipio de Saint-Avertin en 1980.
Después de dos años de renovaciones, el castillo ha sido reformado para convertirlo en una mediateca moderna, respetando la arquitectura. Abrió sus puertas 28 de diciembre 2012 y es accesible a todos.